After our first deployment test of ZOOPS (an acoustic and optical package built by Jules Jaffe’s team at SIO) on Sunday night, we successfully completed our first vertical profile. Now I have acoustical data to look at and since this is the first time we’ve deployed this high-multi-frequency instrument, I don’t know what to expect. However, the camera system on ZOOPS has captured beautiful images of little zooplankton at different depths. This is the advantage of an insitu and non-invasive collecting system.
- More lesson plans are on the blog! Fun activities include building a zooplankton, playing in mud, and finding out what floats your boat! 6 years ago
- Check out a new CalEchoes Highlight video (under Videos! on our blog) -- youtube.com/watch?v=PVrly9… via @youtube 6 years ago
- CalEchoes at Birch Aquarium SEA days this Saturday 11-3pm. Hope to see you there! 6 years ago
- first lesson plan is up! what floats your boat? check it out for daily theme one: https://calechoes.wordpress.com/daily-learning-themes/ 6 years ago
- @oystersgarter yea, poor octopus! better than staying on board and becoming part of the cruise collections, though... re:octopus release 6 years ago